We are looking for a highly skilled CTO with a storied history in the eCommerce industry, who will be the first technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. Our business partner is a start-up with 100% Romanian capital, with a unique offline infrastructure and a software ecosystem for modern online commerce, based on the natural behavioral principles of people of exploration, discovery, and adventure.
In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan and manage all information technology resources You will work directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
- Managing the company's strategic planning, budgeting, management, and internal/external communication.
- Leads, guide and mentor technical departments – accountable for people management by providing coaching and capability development
- Accountable for performance management, employee development, and the overall shaping of the organization.
- Proposes standards and methods for evaluating the activity of the department.
- Conducts interviews during the recruitment process.
- Coordinates and organizes the consisting of user experience, business logic, mobile teams
- Key role in the integration of acquired business technology & processes.
- Monitors IT KPIs and budgets to evaluate technology performance.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Identifies risks and develops strategies to avoid them.
- Oversees the technical infrastructure to ensure the functionality of the software developed.
- Identifies new opportunities in terms of technology.
- Collaborates closely with the Software Solution Architect.
- Collaborate with all other departments to increase the efficiency of the entire company
- Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for 2+ years
- 5+ years’ software development leadership role in an eCommerce environment
- 10+ years of overall experience in IT Software
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or another related field
- Good knowledge of the development process for the online environment and of ERP, eCommerce, AI, Big Data, etc. solutions.
- Strategic thinking, understanding business objectives and developing a technical strategy to help achieve these objectives
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication interpersonal, people management and leadership skills,
- Outstanding planning and organization skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Ability to have a vision on online commerce
- Central location: Nearby University subway station,
- Work at the Office & remote
- Involvement in the development of a new eCommerce concept, 100% realized in Romania, by a start-up.
- It starts from scratch, the team decides the functionality of the platform, how the code will be written, how the components interact, the data format, and the processing flow. There are no restrictions on existing functionalities, previous architectures, data in outdated formats, everything is new, modern
- You benefit from the collaboration with a team of software architects and highly experienced managers, who have gone through all the positions related to software development in their careers and understand the needs and dynamics of the technical teams.
- Acting as an important participant who can make a difference by changing today's online commerce market.
- The career development plan, which includes continuous personal development through courses.