For our business partner, a global company and leading partner in data-driven decision support, the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics solutions for international customers, we are looking for a Senior System Engineer.
As a Senior System Engineer, you will be part of Development team composed by key development roles like Project Manager, Solution Architect, Security Engineer, Database Administrator, System Engineer and DevOPS Engineer.
You will be responsible for carrying out for complex solutions development and implementation, architectural definitions, reviews and act like a final point of knowledge for non-standard issue related to Global Hosting platforms. This is an elevated position requiring hands-on and solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ensure that proposed and existing solutions are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide advanced technical expertise, direction, and assistance to operational and software development teams, Pre-Sales, as well to other key development roles like Solution Architects, Project Manager, Security and System Engineers, DBAs.
Lead research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Collaborate with technical personnel (e.g. System Administrators) in design and research activities to ensure that all aspects are covered and output is efficiently delivered.
- Document and maintain organization’s existing solutions and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Check new and review of existing solutions for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
Develop test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Based on findings, make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct solution evaluation and analysis of systems throughout entire unit.
- Responsible for handling non-standard technical cases that in many occasions are leading to developments.
- Conducts root cause analyses for non-standard incidents and signals any improvement requirement.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a large enterprise, client-server environment;
- Significant technical knowledge on any of the following areas: Public cloud with focus on infrastructure/resource management (e.g. VM – servers, storage, network), virtual environment management, Microsoft Windows Server roles (e.g Active Directory, DFS, Remote Desktop classical and web, IIS), Enterprise firewall and antivirus solutions, Log management, SSO, backup and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Clear understanding of common compliance regimes (e.g. ISO27001, GDRP).
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Fluent in English.
- Work – life balance approach.
- Great opportunities to develop yourself and fulfill your ambitions (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation options, trainings).
- Flexible schedule within the limits of the department’s availability.
- Additional vacation days based on years at the company.
- Meal tickets.
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly Sports Day.
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the ‘7card’ network.
- ‘Bookster’ subscription.
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary.