Senior Citrix Engineer
For our business partner, a leading global technology provider that offers complete Software Development, Web, Mobile Development, and IT Consulting, with highly diversified enterprise projects. We are looking for a Senior Citrix Engineer that will be responsible for developing, deploying, updating, and supporting custom XenApp Windows server images and XenDesktop VDI.
In this role, you'll perform as a Citrix and Remote Desktop Services technical subject matter expert on Client Virtualization Services (CVS) team. This role is responsible for managing and maintaining Citrix cloud infrastructure and on-prem NetScaler and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops implementations.
This position will be also responsible for the maintenance, security, and day-to-day support of the NetScaler ADC environments.
- Providing day-to-day support of client enterprise Citrix and Remote Desktop Services environments
- Managing, maintaining, and supporting the NetScaler ADC environment
- Assist in managing projects, deadlines, and workloads within the Citrix and RDS space
- Managing outages or problems with the Citrix environment
- Providing direct end user support for escalated issues or needs
- Creating scripting solutions within PowerShell for various administrative needs
- Developing, provisioning, updating, and supporting XenDesktop-based Windows 10 VDI
- Developing, provisioning, and supporting customized Windows OS server images
- Administering WEM policies, including settings and policy optimization/tuning for reliability and performance
- Creating documentation on system designs, procedures, processes, and changes
- Communicating day-to-day activities, operational challenges, or general feedback to management through defined reports and regular meetings
- Working with vendors as needed to resolve application or end user issues
- Designing and supporting technology road map to align with business and security needs
- Proposing appropriate technical solutions, with cost analysis to resolve technology needs
- Understanding the end user experience and the impact of changes
- Ability to communicate and explain complex technical problems in summary form to management and business stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT related field
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Windows server OS and Windows 10+ desktop OS
- Experience in designing/deploying/administering the Citrix architecture within VMware ESX and XenServer environments
- Experience in designing/deploying/administering Citrix NetScaler VPX/MPX/SDX appliances
- Experience in designing/deploying/administering multi-site, multi-zone, and cloud-based Citrix environments, supporting active/active topology
- Experience in architecting/deploying/administering software-based file replication/synchronization solution, such as PeerSync
- Experience in integrating Microsoft MECM/SCCM with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Experience in designing/deploying/administering Microsoft Windows 10 OS in an enterprise environment
- Extensive experience developing customized Windows OS server images with Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD), specifically group policy management and Citrix dependence of AD sites and services
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and Group Policy, specifically to how these technologies apply to and dependence of Citrix and RDS environments
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge to support Citrix operations and reporting
- Solid understanding of networking concepts including, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, VPN, load balancing, DHCP, VPN, and PXI Boot
- Experience in process review and optimization using automation and automation tools
- Advanced PowerShell scripting
- Experience in performing network and firewall traffic analysis
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- IT&C | Support and Infrastructure
- Senior Windows System Administrator
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
About Evolve Today
This text can be a short description about your company. A so called "boilerplate", describing your business, services or products that you offer and your target group.
This text should be informative rather than selling.
Senior Citrix Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Evolve Today ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.