Android Technical Lead
For our business partner, a human-first mobile technology company empowering individuals to express and experience more while engaging with their favorite brands, we are looking for a solution-focused Android Technical Lead to join the team.
In this role, you will offer technical guidance, be involved in architectural design decisions, develop and review model and application code, and ensure the high availability and performance of mobile apps.
- Manage the development and deployment processes
- Provide technical direction and mentor developers in the team
- Work with project and product management to scope, estimate, and plan
- Drive code quality, code coverage, and testing best practices
- Ensuring a high standard of engineering excellence within our client Android environment
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in an organisation
- Work with the product team in designing & developing new product features
- Release features into production and measure user impact (A/B testing)
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Work well within a team including performing code reviews.
- At least 5+ years of Android development experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience managing mobile app engineering teams.
- Proficiency working with Kotlin.
- Strong demonstrable understanding of Android SDK including JetPack
- Application Architecture & SOLID principles
- Dependency Injection (Dagger 2)
- Commonly used frameworks such as Retrofit, RxAndroid
- SQLite/Room Database
- Ability to develop pixel-perfect screens from designs
- Test-Driven Development including JUnit tests & Android Tests
- Organised and pro-active, with strong attention to detail and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues to solve new, complex problems.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach and solid problem-solving skills.
- Focused on delivery, with a desire to see what you produce delivering value in the real world.
- Always curious.
Would be an advantage:
- Previous experience with IMEs / Keyboard apps
- Worked on features such as word auto-suggestion and swiping
- SDK development
- Custom SQLite / ReQuery / SQLite Extensions
- Kotlin Multiplatform & native
- TensorFlow / ML experience
- Kotlin Coroutines
- Gradle Kotlin DSL
- NKD Development C/C++ / AOSP NDK
- Mathematical Linear Algebra Libraries
- Stemming/Search/Full Text Search
- Docker/Circle CI
- Python & shell scripting.
- Excellent salary & compensation
- Choice of your development laptop
- Employee healthcare & pension
- Employee stock options
- IT&C | Leadership & Management
- Lead Android Engineer
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
About Evolve Today
This text can be a short description about your company. A so called "boilerplate", describing your business, services or products that you offer and your target group.
This text should be informative rather than selling.
Android Technical Lead
Loading application form
Already working at Evolve Today ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.