We are looking for a skillful Back-end Developer (Golang) for our business partner, a well-known innovative brand that is loved around the world for its insanely versatile and enabling products that changed the way we keep our memories (video or photos).
The person in this role will be responsible for building fast and reliable backend services for the cloud ecosystem. In this role you will work in the development of Microservices primarily in Golang (note that knowledge of Golang is a nice to have but in lieu candidates are required to have good OOP fundamentals) In addition, we work with the latest technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions, AWS stack (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, S3, SQS), Kafka, and we constantly try to be up-to-date with the latest libraries/ technologies/patterns.
How you will contribute:
- Build, maintain and improve Golang applications for the Subscription ecosystem.
- Maintain the associated CI/CD pipelines for the Subscription ecosystem.
- Prepare releases for Production.
- Do code reviews for colleagues' work.
- Architect and design solutions before development starts.
- Document the implemented solution.
- Provide estimations and estimate LOE.
- Work together with QA, Program, and Product to achieve sprint and project delivery.
Skills that recommend you:
- At least 3+ years of experience building backend applications.
- Hands-on experience developing applications with Java/Python/Ruby and willingness to learn to write code with Golang.
- Proven experience with microservices.
- Programming concepts: code structures, memory management, closures, concurrency - preferred in Golang.
- Packages dependency management.
- Design and Implement REST APIs.
- Design and implement distributed systems: Messaging, Queues, Workers.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration such as Amazon ECS/EKS.
- Proficiency in using Git and software integration tools.
- Continuous Delivery (CD) / Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline experience.
- Development experience in an Agile environment.
- Collaborative experience working with engineers and great communication skills.
- Able to analyze and review current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Must be highly organized, follow good naming conventions, and love to keep code nice and clean.
- Strong work ethic with good time management and the ability to work with diverse projects.
Nice to have
- Experience with databases: Modeling, CRUD operations, querying SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Subscription management, Payment processing.
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Competitive salary and annual performance-related bonus.
- Gym fee compensation / Live Healthy Wellness Program.
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage.
- Life insurance and disability benefits.
- Professional + personal development opportunities.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events).