We are seeking a highly experienced and passionate Software People Manager that will be involved in rewriting the backend of a huge live streaming platform towards SaaS architecture.
You are passionate about technology; you have worked as a developer who has moved into a management role. You are comfortable working alongside senior architects and project managers to lead your team in delivering scalable, secure, and quality products. You have years of experience managing multiple streams of activity simultaneously, you know how to break through roadblocks your team might hit, and you know how to provide accurate and timely updates to work activities.
Our business partner is an innovative internet development company, with international experience in building and maintaining web-based projects. Their main project is a platform that must cope with heavy traffic (55 million unique users/month, 380 million page views, 25 million concurrent users every second), it has included a live video streaming (webRTC, HLS) and fast loading website. It has over 120 microservices built so far.
What you will be doing
- Be a People Manager! This includes: 1 to 1 meeting, career path, yearly performance assessment
- Interview and hire the right talent for the team in close collaboration with Team Leads, Developers, HR, etc.
- Evaluate individual performance and identify personal development paths and plans for further development of our employees
- Actively listen and demonstrate a genuine interest in the team, listen closely to the feedback, concerns, and observations of the team
- Update and manage Development Methodology
- Identify global issues hindering productivity and craft a plan to remove them
- Manage and monitor technical metrics
- Be the point of contact with different business partners
- Act as an Agile Evangelist to form self-empowered teams
- Manage the Incident Intervention Team
- Monitor and manage the incidents.
- At least 1+ year of experience as a People Manager or similar role
- Previous experience as a hands-on Software Engineer (Java would be preferred)
- A deep understanding of the software development life cycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Understanding of web technologies, as well as of coding concepts
- Knowledgeable of Architecture and Design Patterns.
- Experience using Jira for Agile project management
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Builds trust easily and effortlessly to assume a leadership role
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- You are self-motivated and a driven contributor who gets things done
- You are well organized and detail-oriented