We are looking for a Front-end Developer (React) for our business partner, a Brooklyn-based company, developing and managing an e-commerce platform for luxury products and the technical environment around it. Our partner brings novelty to the jewelry domain by delivering ethically-produced pieces that create a positive impact for both people and the planet.
You will be joining the local and the USA growing Technology & E-Commerce Team, which is aiming to offer the best possible experience to the customers and products' promoters.
If you like taking ownership of the projects you work on, consider yourself a problem-solver and you have a strong passion for building technical solutions that scale, then you are the right person for the job. You will find in the team the perfect mix of technical knowledge, professional development focus and a balance between confidence and humbleness to drive you towards great results.
- Partner with other engineers in an international environment and participate in the full development life cycle, including requirements analysis and design;
Build the components, pattern and framework for maintainability and scalability;
- Contribute to scalability, availability, performance, and security across the technology stack;
Suggest improvements to increase team performance by peer code reviews;
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality;
- Take part in architecture and design discussions;
Provide guidance to less experienced engineers and display leadership on smaller projects;
- Work closely with Product teams to help define scope and plan projects as well as influence product priority and project execution;
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in software development.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, boot camp or equivalent work experience;
At least 3+ years of experience as a software engineer with a focus on front-end development for web-based applications;
Hands-on experience with OOP, functional programming, design patterns, with a focus on web development and underlying concepts like REST APIs and CI/CD;
- Working experience with the tech stack that includes: Liquid, GatsbyJS, ReactJS, NodeJS/Express, Python, MongoDB, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, GIT;
- Solid knowledge of different programming processes such as test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD) and extreme programming (XP);
- Previous involvement in e-commerce projects and experience working with Product teams in an Agile environment;
- Strong communication, coaching, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Besides a friendly work environment in a fast-growing company in which your career development will be a main focus, your added Benefits will be:
- Medical subscription to Regina Maria;
- Meal Tickets;
- Bookster subscription;
- Flexible Sick days and open PTO;
- Access to learning materials and personal development budget;
- Working directly for a New York company.