We are looking for a new colleague to complete our team on a Career counselor role, with the scope to offer support to our clients/candidates with deciphering and selecting their preferred career next steps.
You will have the mission to look in-depth and identify clients' visible and latent competencies and strengths, and present and explain to the clients your findings. You should also prepare clients to start looking into new areas of activity and plan accordingly.
To ensure success as a career counselor, you should propose career-related options that clients might not have been able to detect without your help and point out their most important competencies.
- Inspecting clients' career-related aspirations but also concerns throughout the consultation process.
- Reviewing clients' personal and educational backgrounds and how these might impact their future job-related choices.
- Guiding clients through the completion of aptitude, personality, and other relevant tests and discussions and conducting detailed interviews together with them.
- Interpreting and presenting the results of these steps to the clients in order to drive the discussions forward.
- Identify the main difficulties that the clients have in their professional activity or in their process of going towards their targeted job.
- Propose career/specialization options based on all the in-depth discussions and tests had.
- Presenting the clients with any relevant shortcomings in their set of skills in order to define clear steps to be done afterward in order to achieve the targeted career direction.
- Assisting the clients through the process of reviewing and completing their LinkedIn profiles and filling in their resumes in a professional way.
- Define an efficient strategy in order to look for the most suitable jobs and prepare the clients for the interviews they will have.
- Offer support to the clients interested in moving to a higher position or getting a leadership position in their current company, harmonize their relationships with colleagues, improve team management or develop your self-confidence.
- Follow-up with the clients regarding the steps taken and any necessary clarification or modification.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, human resources, or similar.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience and research did in the counseling area.
- Knowledge of a high diversity of professional areas with multiple nuances in order to offer the right support.
- Very good knowledge of the labor market and current trends, as well as the employers' expectations.
- Ability to listen, analyze and put together information in a profile as a base for identifying the right path and opportunities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Very good assessment, and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the social media platforms relevant to the employment process.
- Ability to think clearly and do not be led by the client in this process.