For our business partner, the internal software service provider for a leading international healthcare and diagnostics services company, we are looking for a Software Development Manager, with strong people management skills, based in Bucharest.
Our business partner's teams are specialized in capturing and translating the business requirements into information systems and develop software applications across businesses in the Healthcare and Diagnostic industry.
The focus of this position is to manage the development process and relationship with business representatives participating in their projects, but we would appreciate strong technical knowledge that would help us with the following activities:
- Lead the design of new technical system architecture based on a microservices architecture.
- Provide architecture leadership to all development teams by providing prototypes, training, and ensure proper adoption of agreed process and technical standards.
- Ensure appropriate quality by implementing technical and organizational means to verify and correct inefficiencies in software development processes
Do you want to make a difference, shape the future, and to work for a company with a purpose? If so, the role of Software Development Manager is the right choice for you!
Location: Nearby Grozavesti subway station/ Work from home
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Actively manage the development team (approximately 25 members, most based in Bucharest, few in Kiev offices, Poland or India) working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Manage team competencies to ensure we have the right mix of expert skills required to achieve our ambitious, modern software design and development agenda.
- Cooperate closely with other programming teams located in India and Poland.
- Manage the scope of work and delivery of software products with respect to agreed timelines and quality standards.
- Manage resource allocations and workload assignments according to delivery requirements for all development teams.
- Enforce internal software development standards, tools, and practices to ensure consistency in our effort across all countries.
WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO SEE THAT YOU HAVE:
- 8+ years of proven experience in the relevant fields of expertise and leadership.
- A passion for system design and development.
- Excellent abilities to lead and motivate teams in order to achieve well above average results.
- Excellent understanding of modern Agile development process and a well-versed Product Owner who has led multiple development cycles.
- Nice to have: knowledge of following technologies: Microservice Architecture, .NET Core 2.x, MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, REST, C#, GIT, Docker + Kubernetes on Windows/Linux, API Management, etc.
- Highly knowledgeable in modern DevOps practices both Cloud and on-premise.
- Must be delivery-focused while also being able to see and understand the big-picture.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of written and spoken English – daily contacts with colleagues in different countries.
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- A friendly and collaborative Agile work environment with cross-functional and international teams;
- New and modern technologies aligned with a highly dynamic software environment;
- An inspirational and positive environment within the team - 97% of our colleagues appreciate the good communication and great teamwork in the latest Employee Opinion Survey;
- Professional development roadmap within a growing and successful leading healthcare organization;
- Continuous learning by having access to soft skills & technical training/certifications/conferences and IT&S events, office Library, Pluralsight;
- Private medical subscription for the staff members and their children;
- Gradually increased number of annual holidays from 21 to 26. Fixed annual holiday bonus;
- Childbirth support;
- Annual team building activities and regular events;
- Involvement in the company’s community through its Foundation events and activities.