For our business partner - a dynamic company with challenging projects using cutting-edge technologies, we are looking for a Big Data Engineer. In this role you will be part of a complex project of developing a marketing intelligence platform.
Financial and industry data, researches and news are integrated into tools that will generate intelligence for their beneficiaries to base their business and financial decisions on. The tools created will help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.
Type of projects include backend database development, tools to configure metadata driven system, scaling into cloud environment, new delivery platforms, and expanding and scaling infrastructure.
- Build high-quality, high-performance, scalable software.
- Produce system design documents.
- Collaborate effectively with technical partners.
- Be able to document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of extensive experience in application development using Spark, Oracle, SQL Server and Scala.
- Hands on experience in working with Spark Structured Streaming and batch processing
- Good exposure on distributed file systems and technologies like Hive and Delta Lake
- Hands on experience working on AWS S3 based distributed file systems
- Hands on experience working on Databricks or EMR platforms would be an added advantage
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-oriented development.
- Experience with either AWS and Object Oriented Programming language like Java.
- Knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Private medical insurance;
- Access to training for self-development;
- Lunch tickets;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
- Progressive vacation days.